ORBA (Chicago) Director Named Among Top CPAs by Five Star Professional for Fourth Consecutive Year
Ostrow Reisin Berk & Abrams, Ltd. (ORBA), one of Chicago’s largest public accounting firms, is proud to announce that Steven H. Lewis, CPA, a Director at the firm, has been named a 2017 Five Star Certified Public Accountant by Five Star Professional. Mr. Lewis is among an elite group of award winners who include CPAs, wealth managers and investment professionals. He has been named a Five Star Professional since 2014.
Mr. Lewis specializes in serving high income and high net worth individuals, including physicians, attorneys, professional athletes, consultants and other entrepreneurs. As a registered investment advisor and a CPA, Mr. Lewis helps clients find the answers they need to successfully reach their personal financial milestones, including proactive tax planning advice in order to minimize taxes, creating financial plans that maximize savings and retirement planning that ensures meeting retirement goals in the future. His significant experience as an investment advisor also allows him to be directly involved with investment and asset allocation planning.
A practicing CPA since 1970, Mr. Lewis joined ORBA in February 2006 and became a Director in June 2007. He is the Chair of ORBA’s Wealth Management Services Group and a member of the firm’s Health Care, Dental and Restaurant Groups. He is also an avid golfer and tennis player. Mr. Lewis received his B.S. in Business Administration from University of Wisconsin.
Five Star Professional’s Methodology
Five Star Professional conducts research to identify certified public accountants who provide their clients with exceptional services. The program sought nominations from clients, peers and firms; self-nominations were not accepted. Nominations were compiled and candidates were evaluated using ten objective criteria. To be eligible for the award, the individual is rated on the following criteria:
- be a credentialed Certified Public Accountant (CPA);
- be actively employed in the accounting services industry for a minimum of five years;
- have a favorable regulatory and complaint history review;
- be accepting new clients;
- spend more than 50% of his or her time on taxation or other accounting services;
- consideration of candidate’s one-year client retention rate;
- consideration of five-year client retention rate;
- number of clients served total;
- one-year billing realization rate; and
- educational and professional designations and certifications.
For a full explanation of the program and its research methodology, visit fivestarprofessional.com.